Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rides for this weekend...


I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my weekend. Sunday, I'll be riding in the 2009 Rocky Road Rash Hash in the Piedmont Wildlife Refuge. This is a 50 mile forest service road ride. Apparently there will be several rabbits that the pack will have to chase. If you catch the rabbit, you get some kind of prize (knowing the guys who are hosting the event, there's no telling what the prize will be). I've rode these routes a couple of times and there is quite a bit of extended climbing out there. So this ride is on my calendar.

As for Saturday, I'm still up in the air as to whether or not to go to the Biking Bleckley Metric Century in Cochran, GA. The weather looks pretty shitty and scattered T-Storms are on the forecast. From what I've heard, the past few years have always had rain. I'm not the biggest fan of riding the road bike in the rain. I've got till Friday night to decide. If the weather clears up, I'll go. If not, I'll thrash around town on the fixed gear. I need to ride that bike more anyhow.

On other news, the wife and I are planning a pretty stellar trip to Cumberland Island next weekend. The tentative plan is to go backpacking for two nights and three days. This trip is tentative as well because we will only go if the weather is nice. We both have thrown the idea around for the past few years and never got around to going. We figured we should go soon before the bugs start coming out. I'll post more about this trip as we get closer to that weekend.

Keep the rubber side down!!

No comments: