Sunday, November 23, 2008

Family Was in Town...

So this weekend I had my family down to see my wife and I. We haven't seen my folks since the end of August. It was nice getting to spend some time with them.

So on Saturday morning, we all got into the car and headed to Atlanta via back roads. It was nice to stay off the interstate for once and just enjoy the rural country side as we headed to the big city. In Middle Georgia, we still have a few leftover leaves hanging on the trees. That was nice to see. I know I will genuinely miss when all the leaves are gone.

So once we got to Atlanta, it was time for lunch. We headed to my favorite restaurant called Ali Baba's Turkish Cuisine. I love this place. My wife and I almost always head here when we go to Atlanta. As always I had the lamb plate. It's so good.

After lunch, we drove up to Performance Bike for a little browsing. You know, I am never really impressed with this place. Every time I go here, it always seems like their deals that they advertise aren't really that great. I think I would rather spend my money at a locally owned bike shop. It seems that this mega retailers are so sterile looking. I like to go into a shop that has personal character.

Ok, so back to how I spent the day with family. After leaving Performance Bike, we headed to REI. Atlanta doesn't have many good local outfitter shops so REI is pretty much the only option. I do like REI. They seem to have a lot of stuff that you can't find anywhere else.


After our little trip to the "Mega" retailers, we drove back towards Macon. On the way home, we got the strange craving for ice cream. I say this is strange because it happened to be the coldest day we've had yet for autumn. So we traveled about 30 miles South of Macon and went to the Lane Packing. Lane Packing is a huge peach orchard in Peach County, GA. This place represents what Georgia is known for. They have the best peach soft serve ice cream around.

By the time we left Lane Packing, we were tired from our day. It was great to spend the day with my folks.

No comments: