Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Doc Watson

So I'm just sitting here bored to death. I hate that it is dark so soon. It feels like shackles around my ankles. I feel like I can't go anywhere or do anything just because its dark. I know this isn't true but that is the feeling that is instilled inside of me. Maybe I will get on a bike and ride down to a coffee shop for some coffee tomorrow night. I need to get out of the house. I am going stir crazy.

In my boredom, I was surfing the world wide interwebs. While surfing, I was listening to some bluegrass and folk tunes on Pandora Radio (great site that you can type any artist's name and the site forms a radio station for you that is similar to that artist). So while listening to Pandora Radio, some Doc Watson tunes came on. I really enjoy listening to Doc Watson. He has that old mountain sound. Its more than just bluegrass or folk. Its straight mountain music. His voice ain't the smoothest, his guitar pickin' ain't the sharpest but he is real. This is simply a guy who wrote some songs about everyday life and decided to sing about it. I respect that. I find Dylan, Neil Young and many others to have done the same thing. They found larger fame than Doc Watson. Doc Watson definitely rests in my book of great artists. And he was blind.

No comments: