Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The wife has been cooking for me.....

Life has been great lately. My wife and I have been together for a little over three years. For the past three years, I have always been the one to do all the cooking. Lately, I have been catered to by my lovely wife. I must say, her cooking has been awesome. When I got home from work this evening, she had dinner on the table ready to eat. Now thats the life. Its always nice to come home to dinner after a long day at work. She fixed a dish called "Rustic Stuffed Potatoes." I wish I had my camera to take a picture. It looks almost as good as it tastes.

So here is the recipe for the dish she made:

"Rustic Stuffed Potatoes"
4 medium red potatoes (about 6 ounces each)
1/2 cup of "spicy" bbq sauce
2 to 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Light amount of olive oil to coat the pan
12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions

Pierce the potatoes in several places with a fork. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until tender when pierced to the center with a fork, turning once.
Meanwhile, in a small measuring cup or bowl, stir together the bbq sauce, vinegar and cayenne.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the skillet from the heat and lightly coat the skillet with olive oil. Cook the chicken for 2 minutes, or until no longer pink on the outside, stirring constantly. Increase the heat to high. Add the bbq sauce mixture; cook for 1 1/2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is no longer pink in the center, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Cut the potatoes in half; fluff with a fork. Place 2 potato halves on each plate. Lightly butter each half of the potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Spoon the chicken mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle with the green onions.

This stuff is great. Each serving has about 275 calories. Try it and you will be impressed.

No comments: