Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Flavor of the Week


So I'm going to start doing a flavor of the week deal. I recently got my hands on two of those Niner "Y.A.W.Y.D." stem caps. Its pretty much a stem cap that you can snap a bottle cap onto. So to make things a little more interesting, I'm going to have a flavor of the week. Each week I will put a new bottle cap on the Vassago and the Madone. I'll even post a little review of the beer I'm drinking.

This week's flavor goes to Yuengling Brewing. This is a pretty common beer in the Mid-Atlantic and even most of the Southeast now. Well, I live in Georgia. We are literally boxed in by states that sell Yuengling (Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama). But does Georgia get the good cheap beer? NO!! When I went to the bar the other night, the bar manager told me that the closest distributer to Georgia is in Jacksonville, FL. Apparently they aren't allowed to brew any more beer than what they already produce due to how much water that brewery uses. Hopefully we will get our own brewery soon. Till then, I will continue to pick up a case each time I go to Tennessee.

As far as the taste goes, Yuengling is a cheap beer. I paid like $6 for a 6 pack. The beer has a nice crisp, malty flavor with a nice smoothness to it as well. Yuengling is America's oldest brewery. They have survived wars, depression, prohibition, the red scare and even the dominance of Anheuser Busch. So this beer has most definitely earned my respect. If you see it, try it, enjoy it and love it.

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

I love regional beers...

when in New Orlens last weekend I bought a few six packs of local beer

and in the bars
I bought local beers

local and regional